The primary question in diagnosing the health of your maintenance strategy is a simple one. Does your maintenance strategy need optimizing?
Ideally, your maintenance strategy is already optimized. Perhaps it was but is in need of a tune-up. Or, as is the case in many companies, maybe you are experiencing endemic symptoms that lead to:
- Recurring problems with equipment
- Budget blow-outs from costly fixes to broken equipment
- Unplanned downtime that has a flow-on effect on production
- Using equipment that is not performing at 100%
- Risk of safety and environmental incidents
- Risk of catastrophic failure and major events.
To identify where your company’s maintenance strategy sits on the spectrum, you can perform a simple self-assessment that looks for the most common symptoms.
Complete this form for a detailed guide to the key symptoms you need to watch out for.