APM technologies reduce unplanned repair work, increase asset availability, minimize maintenance costs and reduce the risk of failure for critical assets.
The report recommends that CIOs in asset-intensive industries, looking to leverage cross-industry innovation for better equipment performance, need to identify possible data sources to support more advanced maintenance strategies, and determine what data analysis software can maximize their investment.
With APM, the report outlines that organizations can expect to address a variety of pain points such as:
- Operational/maintenance costs
- Lack of visibility into justification and effectiveness of maintenance strategies being executed
- Poor quality, inconsistent and incomplete master data
- Inability to make timely and accurate decisions
- Lack of governance over strategies, leading to inconsistencies in strategies being executed
- Safety risks/environmental, health and safety (EH&S) incidents
- Regulatory compliance
Read this report to learn how ARMS Reliability, and it’s innovative enterprise software platform OnePM®, delivers on core capabilities and categories needed to be a representative vendor.
Date Published: June 28, 2018
Analysts: Nicole Foust and Kristian Steenstrup
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.